Friday, April 12, 2013

Bike Therapy


Today was my day off. While I have a lot always on my docket for a day off, one thing I had planned today always uplifts my spirits. I rode my bike. I am by no means a hard core bike rider, decked out in spandex with assorted sponsor logos all over. What I am is a guy that really likes my bike and really likes getting to use it for function. I rode out to meet some friends for coffee and the over to the grocery store. That was it. Just a couple errands in my neighborhood, but I got to wheel through the streets and traffic to take care of things that needed taking care of. It felt faster than dealing with parking and ton faster than walking. I don't know what it is, but hopping on and riding always makes my concerns that much less. After a couple blocks they are almost distant memories. I love that. I always need a place to head to, but I do love it. I am also all too grateful for the Chrome bag I have to make all this possible.

No comments: