Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Do Better

Once again up before dawn and at work. What's rattling about my head is how easy it is to rip something down and so hard to build something up. For that matter, even to stand for something seems difficult. I watch people close to me stand for things they believe with courage and honor. What's most admirable is when that stand isn't based on diminishing something else. A truly wise man helped me see that. He told me when I can stand next to someone ranting against even my my core values in peace, I will truly know those values. Now this may seem like great philosophy class sort of material, but it practical application is what has it on my mind. One of the values I hold dear is live and let live. Yet already at work I see myself wishing to tarnish others. I'm hoping to head back in and do better. 

No comments: