Sunday, April 7, 2013

Shamrock Shuffle Chicago 2013

Today's Shamrock Shuffle 8K was a ton of fun and worth every year I've had to wait. The course ran through the heart of downtown Chicago and couldn't have been prettier. Even the weather cooperated having rained and stormed all night the sun broke minutes before the starting gun. It was splendid. I ran faster than I planned but it wasn't an effort to make good time or set a PR. It just felt good. The increase in air Aline was exhilarating. While I am sure I did well based on my own experiences, there were hundreds that finished before me and after. I am proud though that there were many more behind me than in front. It was fun and I had a great time. I wasn't first nor last but have it one hell of a go. That's all I could ask for.



No comments: