Monday, April 8, 2013

Dog Run

I decided to try something new with my rest day run. After talking about it for a long time, I finally decided to take our dogs out with me. They are Westies and terriers are reportedly good for running dogs. I wasn't sure how our little princesses would do trying to run, but I figured I was only going to do a mile today and that would be a great introduction. To even the field a little, I wore my Vibram 5 Finger shoes that I must run slower in anyways.

It went great! We did not run the entire mile, but they did pretty good for trying a new activity. It also kept my pace way low and probably helped me get a little more rest out of a day I am not actually supposed to run on. We walked several times, but they seemed quite happy to be out beyond our block. Hopefully we will get more accustomed to this and they will be able to actually run with me for shorter distances. Regardless, it was goofy good fun today for all three of us. Plus, we all enjoy peanut butter rewards after!

No comments: