Friday, June 29, 2007

Choice and Responsibility and the Moment


That's a long title for a pure stream of conscience post. At the conclusion of the way too long title, The Humpty Dance came up on iTunes shuffle. That song takes me back to 2 different times in my life. Playing softball as a newcomer on a sober league and my buddy Herman from Ft. Collins. He would actually hop out of the car to do the Humpty Dance when it would come on the radio.

A phrase was crossing my mind today that kept me in a stupid state of contemplation. The phrase is, "make your choices or they will make you." I probably have that wrong, but it made me think I do need to start pushing forward. I have droled on and on about not liking LA. I have drained time venting about art here. The list goes on and on. The point here is that I need to start writing in ink (and not just on my arm). I have a pretty good idea where I want the next few years to take me and what I would like them to be about. Now it's time to get a little more on the move with it.

I have to mention this though. LA and PA'ing here does have some cool ass moments. I finished a nightmare job yesterday. I did however get the opportunity to do something few "artists" get to do.
I caught a touchdown pass at the Colliseum. Some of the PA's said screw it and went down to the field after wrap and played a quick pick-up game. How fucking cool is that. Within 10 days I walked the field Olympians competed and the boards at the Forum. All that and I now have 2 whole fucking months as a non-smoker!

Guess I am getting some of the goals done!

1 comment:

Nate said...

I can't believe it's been two months - and I can't believe you caught a TD pass at the Colosseum! That's one to brag about... :)