Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hmm...

Chicago, Seattle, New York, Denver...

When...

I am still throwing ideas around in my mind about departure from LALA land and the reasons. Artistic and carreer goals... everything is sorta blending in my mind. In some ways I feel like George Jetson and am ready to get off the dog walker. Yet on the other hand, I am not even remotely beaten down by this town. I am amused as always here. The truly serious types I find here make me giggle a little to hear them talk. I understand a seriousness necessary, but they aren't even talking about being better actors. Mostly it's about being better shmoozes (imortant here, don't get me wrong). Eh...


I had an audition on Monday for a workshop group and got to do a scene with a partner in front of the group. I was given the role of a Tom Cruise wuss. It was so fun. I truly delivered it like I was on stage and that was my only note... to bring it back a little. All I could think was how I would rather find the place where that was right. A stage.

Stay tuned campers and be sure to vote for your favorite town! Winners will receive a souvenir t-shirt (even if it's Albuquerque)!

4 comments:

Nate said...

Whoa. If you're serious about leaving, you know what town has my vote... But if you're still on the fence just remember that you've got a pretty fun Summer coming up with, oh, some event in September that promises to kick ass. :)

Seriously, I hope whatever decision you make it's one you're comfortable with and made because it all fell into place. Moving decisions are never easy...

Anonymous said...

Don't think it's a matter of casting votes(after all, just about everyone is going to vote for the town they are in, including me) But I'm thinking maybe some new adventures are called for-are you considering any place brand spankin' new? Just a thought.

freddie said...

Since you're already in CA, I'd vote for the Yay Area (San Francisco). Great place to live, although expensive. Great theatre community, so I hear. I can imagine myself settling down there. If ever I settle down.
But Chicago always has space for you too!

Anonymous said...

We should have long talks about different cities. Jacob and I are in the market for a new city before too awful long. We can compare notes, weigh pros and cons, and such.

I want to bring Jacob out to California. He's never been. We would love to come out and visit you. I do like to visit LA but, I am in love with San Francisco. I hear, unfortunately, that there isn't much theatre goin' on up there AND yes there is the expensive thing.

But, who says we need to stay in the US? There is always London...