Monday, June 25, 2007

The Winner is...


The winner is...

Well no one won to be honest. Colleen smartly theorized it was a dumb contest in that everyone would just nominate their own town. A true enough idea yet of the 4 I originally thought about (Seattle, Chicago, Denver, and New York), I had San Francisco, Minneapolis, and Austin suggested. Yes Austin, Texas. Not everyone seems to use the leave comment button here. Also, if you have not been there take my word for it when I say it is a great town!

So what to do, what to do? Things continue to progress here for me. I was welcomed into the fold of 2 company's that do casting director worksops, Act Now Studios and Actor's Co-op Group. One is very cool and kinda hidden the other one is in the valley and seemed to send me an identical message on Friday to the tune of, "don't know how we got your info but we'd like to talk to you." That was the day after I came in and talked to them. Is it real or is it Memorex?

There is also the whole SAG card question too. I am eligible now and that was one hell of an accomplishment! I am still pretty friggin' psyched about that. I am happy to buy that card and not do any more free or non-union work. I know it CAN pay, but I am mor einterested in stage work. That brings me back to the whole, why am I in this town?


I just finished this job over the last few days. LA isn't all bad. I know, that is a different tone for me. But I can not bag on all of it because that is just bullshit to do. I enjoy the evenings at times here. Like last night, racing back to Hollywood from Santa Monica with the film and having fast moving freeways and no sides on the Jeep. Ah, good times.

None the less. The wandering bug is on. Tiffany and I talk often about departing the city of angels. It's exciting to imagine just booking it. Guess though that's the dream of staying on here too... booking it.

(ps- Seven weeks and counting)

2 comments:

Karen Solas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Solas said...

With regards to the "ps" - you rock. I'm truly impressed. And being the friggin tree-hugger that I am, I'm even more excited about you quitting after reading this today.

#1 type of litter in the world: cigarette butts