Friday, June 13, 2008

Day 3

Tiffany is in Ohio for the weekend and I have my first day off since quitting smoking on Tuesday. I tried to keep busy so as not to get in my head too much. Going to the gym was a bust in that I am still recouping from the sinus thing. My neck is still a tad tender too. All in all it's been a rougher week on the body. I realized this quickly into my workout and just gave up in favor of grabbing some breakfast at Pick Me Up Cafe. The rest of the day I spent cleaning and fixing up parts of the apartment. Seems we have a new challenge here in getting certain repairs taken care of. We were aptly warned that repairs would not be swift. None the less, the stove (circa 1962) has not been working right and tends to leak more gas when attempts are made than burning. We should be getting a new stove I am told next week. Another difficulty we have experienced here has been very weak water pressure on the "new" shower head. I took matters into my own hands there and found a nice, water saving head that increases pressure without using more water. So far it seems to work well.

The toughest thing thus far to get used to has been getting used to not taking smoke breaks. It's funny how used to those little ten minute escapes you get used to. Hell I even began to like my new walk to the Brown Line stop on Chicago Ave from work as it meant no transfers and a peaceful 4 blocks to have a smoke. I guess it's lucky for me I only did that for a week. All in all though, it would seem last year's attempt has made this one feel less weird. I walked to CB2 and Trader Joe's and only a couple of times did it feel odd not to be smoking. I am glad I did not try and get down to Cellular One Field tonight to see the Rockies and White Sox play. I had trouble containing my temper at Wrigley when they were here and that was just not getting to smoke in the stadium. Think I'll try and keep those kinda challenges to a minimum for a little while longer.

No comments: