Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Holy Crap, That's Weeks Now!


I can't tell if it is the patch or the familiarity from last summer, but thus far being smoke free has been much easier. I am enjoying not opening my locker at the gym and smelling my "clean" clothes! I am running again an must say it is a lot more fun running here than in Hollywood.






















I did enjoy the new landmarks on my route today. In LA I loved running over the 101 and down Santa Monica Blvd and finally crossing the stars on Sunset to finish my run at the gym. Today I ran so that I could hook around Wrigley Field on my way home. Hopefully soon I will be going farther and can add more Chicago landmarks to the course. Eventually I want to do a marathon, but let's be reasonable, it's still just week two.

The apt. is slowly coming together as well. We have a new stove (that does not leak gas) and there was some hint that new windows maybe on the way, but I am not holding my breathe on that one. It's always wonderful in Chicago when your apt is getting fixed up, but there also remains a slight concern that i is not necessarily being fixed for you to live there. That seems a long shot though. We also got a couch finally and can now comfortably enjoy the living room.

We just need to figure out how to zone out the noisy foot traffic outside the windows. Last weekend, when the Cubs swept the Sox at Wrigley, it was a little crazy here in the neighborhood. Not too bad, but enough. Tiff and I are taking turns as to who will be frustrated each time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratumacations!!! Quitting smoking is awesome! Yay you!!!

Talon

Christopher said...

Well done on the whole quitting smoking thing, sir! And well done on the blog in general. I put a link to it on my own.

We must get together soon. Perhaps Konaks next week some time?