Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Moved in


We made our last trip from our studio in Roger's Park on Saturday to our new place on Cornelia. It was barely finished when we got with some of the painted walls being just a tad still on the wet side. None the less, we are home now.



















This move was to be one of more a settling nature. Tiff and I are tired of hopping around and ready to get comfy. We have the room to do it here. Our modest remaining possessions look even more modest here. However, I was impressed at the amount of things Tiff had crammed into the nooks of the studio. I thought we would be done in just a load or two. No. It took about five runs with her Toyota. We are hitting IKEA tomorrow out of necessity in that there are certain things that we find may be higher priority than anticipated. I am glad to say we have silverware now though. It was a rough discovery that we had bought ice cream before spoons!


It's also my birthday today. I am having a fantastic one thus far. It has been very chill and that is as I hope it stays. Last year Tiff and I went to Vegas and stayed at Treasure Island for kicks. It was a great trip. This year I have been to the gym and had breakfast at my favorite brunch joint, Orange. Tiff joined me for food. Unlike the last time I went to Orange on June 9th, I did not come out to find my car booted on Clark Street. Guess I am growing up a little. That and my car is still safely tucked away in a garage in Colorado.

All in all, I have to say life is going pretty good right now. I am beginning work on a new Art of... for the Abbie Hoffman festival and just had a good audition or two. The picture of the car was my ride for the film I just shot. Pretty stylin". It is the year of "bringing the art back" after all! Last but not least, it was great to see Jack and Tanya on their all-too-short trips to Chicago. Come back soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rock on shooting star! Happy Birthday and congrats on the move! How great to be able to stretch out and not smack each other! YEA for you and your Tiffany star!

Zephyros said...

Those pics are awesome!

Among the 'Showdown' slide show, 'Kermit the Tomb Raider' is definitely a favorite.

Happy Birthday, hot shot!