Monday, May 9, 2011

New Political Party?

I had this idea while I was out running this morning for a new political party for our country. I know, your Captain usually prefers to comment rather than create, but I think this party might work. Plus, I don't think it has ever been tried. Hell, for all I know though, I may have just reinvented Marxism.

The idea was to create a Presidential Support Party. It would refrain from all campaigning, having zero interest in the pursuit of the office. Once in office though, the President would receive their support and be held accountable by them. Regardless of Party affiliation, the Presidental Support Party would utilize the strengths of the President. They would also be there to keep them on course.

I was starting to think this was an amazing idea out there this morning until I thought, isn't this what "we the people" are supposed to be trying to do anyway?

No comments: