Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pretty Damn Good


Art from common objects has always fascinated me. While a musician wielding a violin beautifully is always impressive, I found myself equally riveted to the kids drumming the 5 gallon drums. They were not only good, but resourceful. I also admire really good cooks that can make wonderful grilled cheeses. The master chefs that have all the ingredients and tools of the trade are fantastic, but the people that can go into any  kitchen and made something amazing are truly gifted.

The rambling point here is that I find the regular, Clark Kent type artists among us pretty fantastic when I have the opportunity to appreciate one. Whether it be an artful conversationalist or someone that can paint a house and make you feel as though you just saw something rare, it is always fantastic to see one.

No comments: