Friday, August 23, 2013

Met a Hero and Ran Harder

I'm enjoying the routine of regular hours and my ability to train consistently each week. My routine is to get up early and get my training runs in before work and more importantly, before it gets too hot. Fridays are my speed days and I am not sure if it is a combo of that and the heat, but I have been zapped all damn day! I did run one of my fastest miles this morning, but I usually bounce back some after an hour a cup of coffee. None the less, tired as I am, I am proud of that mile.

I had the opportunity to meet one of my running hero's, Scott Jurek, this week. Despite feeling like an umber geek, I asked for his autograph. He wrote, "dig deep & do stuff." The latter references a reoccurring thought in his book Eat and Run. I replayed those words out there on the Cherry Creek path. It felt good to push.

No comments: