Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Tossed Again

I was out walking my dogs this morning and decided to go past where my Jeep was street parked. I am glad I did as it has been tossed again. By this I mean someone had gone through it to see if there was anything worth their time.  I am glad to say they walked away empty handed but left it a mess. Ever since my first painful lesson back in LA, I know what I keep in the Jeep is not secure as it is a soft top so I leave very little. After the last toss, I emptied it to virtually nothing so as to not even seem worth the while.

So why am I writing about this? The reason is that I have become comfortable with knowing my property can and does get routinely pillaged. There are no real alternatives at present and thus I have adjusted (keep nothing in it) and tried to grapple with that zen concept of my things are transitory.

The feeling of violation still comes, but I try and keep it in perspective. Nothing was taken. Nothing was damaged. Everything is fine. It's just stuff. If the power that be decides I no longer need that stuff, I am a poor opposition to it. So perhaps I am writing as a way to purge the violated feeling. It's small in comparison to other transgressions I know, but if you had a splinter, it would bother you and no one else. This is my splinter this morning and I am talking about it to ease the irritation.

No comments: