Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Good Review

This year I have been focused on 3 areas of "good" and am pretty happy with the results for the most part. On the eating "good" front, I am surprised to say I have almost converted entirely to a vegan diet. For a considerable time I said I leaned vegetarian. Now I would say it's a 90/10 vegan to vegetarian diet. I gave it a hell of a test too with over 1200 miles logged thus far. I truly feel great!

The good music part has been a exploration of more jazz and indie work. I am still not able to identify different pieces that easily as I am mostly just listening to the radio and audible is my worst learning style. None the less, a high tempo rift makes me smile every time. I am also loving the mesh of modern stuff I have stumbled upon. Finding "Girl Talk" was a wonderful find and will forever remind me of the Denver Cruiser Night I heard it first.

The good sleep is still a work in progress. Sleep and I have not gotten along well my entire life. I have most consistently wished it was not necessary at all or that I could just have a button and make it happen. In effort to get more "good" sleep, I have tried to go to bed earlier and more regularly get up at the same time. While training, I was up at 5:30 a lost every morning to get some miles before work in. I still don't sleep too well, but I keep trying. Put the body in the right place and hope it works.

It has been fun to focus on these 3 areas all year. I do appreciate the difference when given a choice. It is also nice to know that I have been monkey free for three and a half weeks. 2013 has been pretty all right!

1 comment:

mommasita said...

G O O D job Captain G O O D job!!!!!