Monday, December 9, 2013

Decembrathonist

December is a weird time for a marathoner. I am still savoring an amazing season with 3 marathons that began with a PR of 12min faster than ever before. none the less, I am starting to get the restless urge to know where the next big race will be. I am targeting a couple or three smaller races through next May, but I am excited to know when I will get that 26.2mi run in again. I know it's getting bad when last nigh I considered reaching out to an ultra running friend about suggesting a beginner ultra (those are races that usually begin at twice a marathon distance).

The races I am flirting most with next year are Portland, Chicago, and a couple others. I'd love to find a fun Spring marathon that would not require heavy costs in travel. I don't have much interest in doing Colfax again, but will be excited to help my friend training for it. Look out icy Sloan's Lake laps!


No comments: