Monday, December 16, 2013

Perspective Adjustment

It's been a day of wait thus far. Without delving into personal details, Tiff and I have had an adventure today that drives home several reasons for gratitude. Our day 's task was far from being a horrible endeavor, but it was a tougher one. It made me aware of how fortunate we are and that while the constant attitude of gratitude I strive for would keep the shock of a days reminder from being too tough, apparently I underestimated how much you can be grateful for. Tiff and I are very fortunate both in health and to have the friends and family we do. We are actively trying to improve our quality of life and doing what we can to to help others.

It's far from perfect, but it's a damn good life.

Days like this strengthen those feelings. It makes me all too aware how many people do close are struggling. It also reminds me how many more seem to not realize how good they do have it. While annoying to acknowledge, when I'm stuck in traffic it also means I have a ride. That sort of perspective keeps me sane. Life is too much of a gift to squander it over minuscule crap.

I certainly don't want days like this too often but they are helpful in remembering all that. 

No comments: