Sunday, December 1, 2013

Bike Reminicing

It seems now a miracle my friend in Chicago just kept the bike I left there when I moved to LA with Tiff. He stashed it in his basement and damn near forgot about it. A year and a half later, back in the Windy City, I was shocked when I called and he still had it. It has been 5 years now that I have been back on this bike and now in 2 different cities, doing the urban commuting, snow or shine. It needs some work, but it continues to perform. I've missed every door opened in front of me and only hit a couple cars, but never badly. When I pulled up this picture of the first winter getting it back, I had no idea how much I was going to love riding it. It's like the adage says:

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach the man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to ride a bike and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring." - Desmond Tutu

No comments: