Monday, April 11, 2011

Can't Light Up

Today marks the one month point of my Quitting Smoking 2011 campaign! As was stated yesterday, it has not been flawless, but impressively close. Hell, close enough I've been annoyed I have not trespassed more. Yeah, it's one month crazy talk.

One interesting observation I've had of late is whenever I am asked if it's still tough and EVERYTIME I want to say YES, it's the truth. None the less, there are times when I don't think about it too. Those are the good times, but much like willing myself to fall asleep, I can not control them. Even just thinking, "hey, I have not thought about smoking in a few hours," inevitably leads to wanting one quickly thereafter.


For the most part, I am doing well by just procrastinating that next trespass. Oh, I'll have a cigarette, but not tonight. That seems to be some healthy, self bull-shitting. Hoping this effort sticks!

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

Just one &(*%(#@# craving at a time sir!