Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Waiting Room

I recall when I was pretty young asking my Mom incessantly for something and her reply was in five minutes. I had to watch a clock to wait five minutes. I still remember how excruciating it was and that hours, days, and weeks were eternities.

Over the last few years I have discovered  a new time frame to wait out. It is the six month stretch. It began when training for Chicago's marathon in 2009. The idea of working everyday towards a singular day for six months was mind boggling. Now I have 3 marathons under the belt (or a 18 months of training) since then. In a way it seemed natural to buy a house in December last year and not get to move in till June.

There are these new found long stretches of excitement I am getting to enjoy. Who would have known when waiting for those five minutes to pass, how much more patience would be needed down the road. "I am a patient boy. I'll wait, I'll wait, I'll wait..."

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

Sounds like your Mom ism a very smart woman :)