Sunday, April 10, 2011

So it goes

While my 2 am post last night was recorded on Sunday, it doesn't feel like it should count for today's post. It also reminds me my "all or nothing" approach to life is not usually a good one. To me if the record isn't perfect it's f**ked. That approach has led to me giving up on a lot of worthy starts way to soon. My quit smoking campaign has not been flawless, but it surely is A LOT better than nothing. Hell, the few drags have been so few in a way I don't even think they get to count. There's that all or nothing angel again. Truth of the matter is, there are very few areas of my life that require perfection. Everything else lies in the grey and as long as I don't turn them into black or white, all or nothing, I get to do some cool things. As far as Stupie goes, I am appreciating the challenge of writing daily and the thoughts it is flushing out. It's keeping me honest and working harder.

No comments: