Sunday, April 3, 2011

Not Included

 The process of purchasing a house has been educational, to be sure. So many things we were unaware of going into all this. Of that lengthy list was the learning what is included and what is not. Having once purchased a new car that a passenger mirror was an option, I thought I would be ready for the odd ball bag of what you needed to get separately and what was included. I have not been terribly surprised yet, but what kills me is the cost the builder would like to do some of the not included items. That seems like a no brainer, but when your finance sheet is in decimal points you ordinarily do not operate in, it's tough to keep perspective. "Only $200 to do that/ A bargain!" Not always true though.


Quite often too, I could do it and probably well for far less. For example, Tiff and I found our "not included appliances yesterday. It will end up saving us quite a lot. The biggest challenge was discovering we are in one of those places where we don't know anyone with a truck. Slowly though, the house is coming together and move in day can not come soon enough.

No comments: