Monday, April 18, 2011

Running Like the Devil

The whole reason I started running in the first place was because I quit smoking. In LA, I discovered when I was running I thought about smoking a lot less. Ergo, I ran A LOT. Looking back you can tell how bad the initial attempt to quit smoking was. I went from 2 packs a day to running 3.5 miles a day in 100 degree, Los Angeles quality air. This go round has not been as difficult, but the mental obsession is a bear to let go. Consequently I am running all the damn time. It's good and I am enjoying being out there more, especially now that the weather is turning nice. So far, I am at about 5 weeks.

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

Run Troy Run! Keep the end in sight! Always remember that YOU are stronger than any road block your mind can through up in your path! Just one &*^^()*&_ craving at a time. Every craving EVERY CRAVING has a beginning, a middle and an end! I predict you will be crossing the 24 mile marker when one of your strongest cravings meets its match!