Tuesday, June 12, 2012

But I Want It...

What is it about the fantasizing about stuff that is so alluring? I firmly believe in the creed of "want less, do more," but it gets so tempting to really dive into the mental shopping for stuff. The latest obsession has been a camping trailer. The why's are irrelevant, but it has a good grip on me as I WANT IT. Hell, I don't even camp yet. That's how the folly of this mental day tripping is obvious to me, when I yearn for something so unnecessary right now. I realize it is probably a byproduct of being on such a tight budget right now, but it's silly when you get to lay it out on the table like that. There is some fun to it, but when it runs away with me it's no good. The helpful element to fantasizing about something so far beyond reach like a camping trailer is I can see the game. When it's easier to convince myself of somethings value, I go a little bonkers.

You have to admit though, that's a cool camper. Heh.

1 comment:

SevenLegs said...

Well put. And we are in the exact same boat...er trailer. Or desire for one, as it happens. Went so fat as to enter a contest to win one and hopes on an amazing cross country family camping trip/total relocation, cutting loose from the Northeast and heading to CO. IF we win, you can borrow it.