Sunday, November 18, 2012

I can, I will.

Just finished a 16 hour day that was originally just supposed to be 8. I am awfully grateful to have heard the phrase, "ask for a stronger back instead of a lighter load." I try to live up to that as often as I can and while I am not out climbing mountains and carrying on dramatic Travel Channel adventures, I do believe there is something to be said for the chin forward, take it on perspective. The folks I consider heroes always run towards the fray and never seem to say "I can't, I'm too tired." My sleep deficit has got to be astounding, but at the same time, I am always more glad I said yes when something extra comes up, whether it be coffee with a friend after a long grueling day or just staying to work a double when a coworker is sick. I can, I will.

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

Well said captain - well said!