Saturday, November 17, 2012

Slimming down

Everything feels like its on hold to a degree. We move in a couple days and it seems most of my life feels on hold till we get over that hump. I know I am certainly looking forward to city living once again. There's an odd self searching though that happens when it comes time to pack your home up. You get to truly take stock of all the things you keep and sometimes don't even thin about. I was excited to buy a home and not move again for a while. That turned out to not be the case this time. What I am glad for is the paring down that happens with frequent moving. Neither Tiff or I like to have too much stuff around and for an entire house, the stack of boxes isn't all that great. We like also that we can easily slim down to a smaller place. We enjoy a more simple living than others. So the useless things get binned, the items that can sell do, and other things find more receptive homes. It feels good to lighten the load some. That being said, I have to load a bike into the Jeep to donate to a friend tomorrow and know I will lose that motivation at 5am.

No comments: