Thursday, November 28, 2013

Turkey Free Tradition

It was a wonderful return to a tradition I started in Chicago. I biked to the Turkey Trot today to run before a fabulous feast. It was a treat to bike there and participate. I run all the time, but it was fun to be lined up on a "fun" run today. I also loved that my entry went right to United Way. My last race was in New York and a completely different atmosphere. One thing was the same though. There were a lot of people excited to be there. This time though, I was trying to stay off of the dog tails in front of me and not get run over my hyper, turkey clad runners. There was a simple pleasure to get to the race by bike and participate, do some good, and earn an extra slice of pie. As an added bonus, I get to wear the most atrocious shirt I own!

Happy Thanksgiving all!

No comments: