Friday, October 25, 2013

Call to PAWS!!

My deadline for fundraising is officially the Sunday before the marathon I am running. That is this Sunday. As I was sitting chatting with my wife last night, I was struck by a surprising realization. I am tired! I mean, I am tired in a way I am unfamiliar with. The mental addition of fund raising and asking for help this entire marathon training has left an added weight as I draw towards the end of that particular stretch. To date, I have pulled in $1,565 for PAWS Chicago and feel confident they will be able to do a ton of good for their rescued dogs and cats. Who knows, that amount might have made the difference in life or death for some family's now treasured pet? I know I can't do what they can, ergo I am glad to raise money for them.

I know this is the weary before getting pumped back up over the course of the next week. This is the part where I let myself just know, "damn, I am really tired!" I have run almost everyday this year, been in fund raising since early July, and produced my 2 fastest marathon times (3:50:20 & 4:02:19). I am proud of that.

So here is one of my final pleas: If you have a chance to hit my site and donate, it would mean a lot. I am grateful, but more importantly it goes 100% to PAWS to do some real good! I am happy to add a company logo to my gear in New York as well if a sizable donation is possible. For those that have given so much, I am truly grateful!! I'd bring you all a cup of coffee and a doughnut this morning if I could. As sentimental as it sounds, you are all with me every step of the way on the course and off!

Thank you all!

Troy's PAWS page.

No comments: