Friday, October 4, 2013

Coffee With a Friend

I know there are a few things I just love in this world. The feelings have never wavered. I love a stormy day, the kind where it gets so dark street lights come on in the middle of the day. I love an underdog win. I also love coffee with someone I care about. Some of my friendships have been forged this way. A cup of coffee at just the right time. I am a friend for life. My shortened list may not sound that exciting to most people but I do bring it up for a reason and it is not that I believe I am in anyway that interesting. I bring it up because there are times when I need to know a few go to "loves" to pull me through a tough patch. Perhaps it's an hour of uncertainty, perhaps its a week of turmoil. What ever it is, just remembering how those loves change my perspective and feelings helps.

If you are having a tough one, I hope you can think of a can not fail happy to help pull you through. They don't fix me, but they sure as hell give me reason to believe this too shall pass.

1 comment:

mommasita said...

Thanks Captain! It was good to be reminded that even though today was so gut wrenching tough AND I failed to remember the amazing freedom that will come if I am willing to let go and know THIS TOO SHALL PASS. Putting a true freedom thought in the mix gets me to the TRUTH of IT WILL BE OKAY OR IT WILL BE OKAY!!!!!!!!!!