Sunday, October 13, 2013

Seven Days till 26.2 Mile Round One

It's bit one week till the Rock n Roll marathon, the first of my double header this fall for Team PAWS. My long run was 7mi. today. It felt smooth and easy. I was relieved the reoccurring pains were absent and it would appear that despite the routine doubt, my taper period of less mileage and more rest is doing exactly what it is supposed to. There is a disbelief that "game time" is close to test my meddle and put all my training to work. In May I set a new best in my marathon time by 12 minutes by implementing my harder training regiment. I was highly focused. Over the summer I was also trying to find raise and am proud to report I have pulled in $1,565 thus far. I have however been distracted by this and hindered by my difficulty in heat. I have used the same training though and need to trust it has been as effective in building the base I will need next Sunday. I'm excited. 

No comments: