Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Stupid, stupid government

I am doing my best to avoid checking the news or worse, Facebook today. The events in Washington are tough to stomach, regardless of sides. What pisses me off is the reality that there are thousands of hard working folks that are not being paid to work today. That is just not right and it frustrates me when people get caught in the crossfire. I am not attempting to launch into the politics of our government's shut down today, that is just not a subject I want to attempt. When I read that services like prison guards, boarder patrol, and air traffic control are required to work today without pay, it caused a considerable irritation. I find myself more often than not just seeing a disconnect between our leaders and the people. It's a raging need to be right at all costs. It's school yard and it's embarrassing. I hope a resolution is found, but why it had to come to this is nothing shy of stupid.

Ok, I'm done.

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

TOO TRUE! WELL STATED CAPTAIN!!!