Friday, October 18, 2013

Weather Forecast Compulsion

One of the other fun neurosies to the last days before a marathon is ridiculous checks on the weather forecast. After weeks of running in a season you won't see come race day, there is an overwhelming urge to know what the unknown variable will be. At 10 days out, I get to satisfy that compulsion on my Weather Channel app and have been amused/concerned to see snow for today this whole time. The concern was mostly from experience seeing how those storms don't often arrive when they say they will. This one was on time though and I am glad for it. Mind you, running in a sloppy, 45 degree snow storm would not be all that bad. It's just as I said, I have spent all summer in near heat stroke, logging my miles. Some of my cold weather gear barely received use in this training. Fortunately though, all my prep is familiar and I have no concerns.

It's just funny how those nerves manifest themselves.

1 comment:

mommasita said...

KEEP CALM and RUN ON!