Wednesday, October 30, 2013

What Exactly Am I Doing?

I am deep in unchartered waters here with my double header of marathons. Ordinarily I am pretty confident on exactly where I am in the process, even the quiet freaking out in the weeks before the big run. This is different though.. I am not running almost at all to give my legs maximum time to mend from the last marathon. It might be heeding caution a little too heavy, but I am trying to err on the side of too rested than tired and injury prone. I can slug my way through 26.2 miles on heavy legs, but a blown ITB would make that pretty tough.

With all this down time though I keep getting that feeling that the big test is coming up and I have not studied. It's at least a new kind of quiet freak out. I am certain the boost of rested legs, adrenaline of New York and cheering spectators the entire way, more oxygen (thank you Denver training), and knowing I am representing the amazing no-kill center PAWS will carry me forward with ease.

Its Wednesday though. Too soon to really pack the bag so I remind myself of all of those point repeatedly and try not to magnify any aches I have right now.

No comments: