Thursday, October 3, 2013

Tried Some Stuff


In reflecting on this fund raising effort, I am slightly amused at some of the stunts I have tried. Most of which only succeeded in making me more comfortable talking to people about raising money for PAWS. Mind you, running and fundraising in Colorado for an organization in Chicago to run a race in New York City was not my easiest of paths, but it seems to have worked out well. All of my generous donors love the cause and don't seem to mind where the dogs and cats are being saved, just that they are.

I have attained my personal goal for running my two marathons for this fall, but am still hoping to raise a bit more. Every donation helps and goes 100% to PAWS. I  get to run and that is my sole reward for this effort. No t-shirt, cooler, or otherwise odd gift used to bait fundraisers. Personally, I would rather just see that extra money go to the cause.

I am on the look out for anyone that works for an organization that might be interested in a donation. My amazing friends and family have given beyond my wildest hopes, but I would like to see if a company with deeper resources may be interested in helping this runner. Let me know, I have tons of info I can send out

http://teampaws.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1052581&lis=1&kntae1052581=E8A44FBEC339431094A2863563EF4D0D&supId=296965664

No comments: