Monday, October 7, 2013

Fostering and Fundraising

Tiff and I have fostered a few dogs now and we were just talking about it with a good friend that stopped by last night. He asked if we had any fosters coming up? We live downtown now and our lack of a yard coupled with busy streets and sidewalks made our last effort far more challenging than previous fosters. Don't get me wrong, our foster was a sweetheart, it was just a lot to manage.

Thus we have decided to pour our efforts into helping organizations that can help. Tiff has even lobbied at the capitol for legislation to help protect dogs and cats. I have opted to try fundraising for PAWS to give back. While I don't have the yard to help get a dog to his/her forever home, I can try and help a group that can. I can also run a really long time.

Thus I am doing what I have spoken so often about, Running for PAWS. I have joined Team PAWS New York City Marathon team and am also running the Denver Rock 'n' Roll marathon this fall. Running a marathon is an accomplishment, but trying two is a bit crazy. None the less, I am excited to give it a try for a good cause.

I am still looking to close the gap on my modified fundraising goal and the original. The amount needed is significant, but anything helps. A friend I worked with 3 years ago just donated $5 and that was wonderful! I have also had great people all over the country sharing my posts to get higher visibility. Also wonderful. I am no great fundraiser, although I humbly can claim $1,565 for the no kill shelter. All the help has been remarkable. If you can please drop a couple bucks or let me know if you work for a company that would be interested in a donation (I have forms). Aside from my Team PAWS singlet, I am offering company sponsorship in both races. It's not about me, really.

Here's the link and I am happy to answer any questions!
http://teampaws.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1052581&lis=1&kntae1052581=E8A44FBEC339431094A2863563EF4D0D&supId=296965664

No comments: