Monday, June 17, 2013

5K Awesome!


I just got the results back from my 5K on Saturday:

  BIG GAY 5K Run/Walk
                       Civic Center Park, Denver CO.
                          Saturday, June 15, 2013
                    RUNNER 5K RUN MALE OVERALL RESULTS
Place Name                  City              Bib  Div/Tot  Time    Pace  
===== ===================== ================= ==== ======== ======= ===== 
 4     TROY COLEMAN          DENVER             303   4/55   20:57  6:45

I have never placed so highly! I am amazed and excited! It was a lot of fun and a good hard run, but felt much better than my previous speedy effort in a 5K. This time I could still breathe, which is a very good thing. This booster to the running morale is perfect as today officially launches my next training plan for the Denver Rock n' Roll Marathon this fall. It feels great to see such improvements and I am excited to jump back into my plan to see if I can build on the base already established this Spring.

The icing on the cake was summed up by my wife on Facebook too:

"Here's a nice story: Troy ran a 5k on Saturday, then stayed to cheer on the other runners. Someone looked up the number on his race bib and then got in touch with him today to offer him free entry to the half marathon in Garden of the Gods--because of his good sportsmanship."

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

Being a "good guy" does come back to you...............Yea You!