Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sleeping In

Today is long run day and generally I am out early to beat the heat. Today we have brunch plans a bit early. That coupled with a rather sleepless night, I have opted to just push the run back to later in the day. It's a funny feeling of freedom when rearranging self-imposed schedules. In a way it recaptures that old feeling of staying home from school as a kid or skipping a class in college. There's sense of rebellion in such a simple act. It also causes me some concern as a reformed procrastinator that the activity may not happen. I know I will run, so these concerns are laughable, but that fear is still there. The funny part to me is how all these feeling get triggered by such a simple act as turning off snooze willingly and deciding to go a different way.

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

Freedom of choice is a GOOD thing!