Monday, June 24, 2013

Yoga Monday

This is so not me by the way.
Part of my training is going to yoga on Mondays. I truly used it during the last marathon and can't help but feel it added to a new PR of better than 12 minutes. I used it last time, but did not try classes till about halfway through my training program. It's still hard as all get out for me. No distance running or weight training experience seems to lend itself to any ease in class.Plus it is summer and I am always hot, thus there is the added flattering aspect of sweating my tail off. Honestly, I haven't sweat like this since Defiant Theatre's The Pyrates (I brought a towel just for act one).

What's different is that I don't care as much that I am pretty lousy with the yoga. I have finally accepted the tenant of yoga that if you are working, you are doing it correctly. I am not limber and agile like my classmates or wife, but I am working. The sweat is a dead giveaway. I am relaxed though and laughing a lot more than I used to. I managed to get into a pose tonight and immediately chuckled and fell over. It's fun and somehow is helping me get faster at 26.2 miles.

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

Sounds like such a fun time Runner Boy............