Sunday, June 2, 2013

Lessons of the Marathon

About to head out for a run with Tiff that should take us around 5mi. It's funny how fast after a marathon it is possible to reset back to a less demanding running schedule. I am glad to have started the new job between marathon trainings, as my regular hours feel anything but regular right now. I'm looking forward to this morning's run as well. I haven't pushed beyond a comfortable loop since the big run. I can tell my legs are itching for the work. Every time I head into a training period I think is it really necessary to do all these weeks? Surely I have some reserve from the last 26.2mi effort. Of the many lessons the marathon has taught me is that success yesterday does not ensure performance today. In other circles it is a warning to not "rest on my laurels."

Today is the day that counts and I am excited to get out there and push it a little further.

No comments: