Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Bike to Work Day 2013


Today was Bike to Work Day! I am thrilled to be biking to work just about everyday now, but it was especially gratifying to see so many other riders out today. As part of the celebration, there were breakfast stations all around the city. Tiff and I hot the one outside our neighborhood Whole Foods and were treated to breakfast burritos, smoothies, granola, fruit, and coffee. I heard there were pancakes at another station but thought that would be tough to get to work on time if I ventured that far and defeated some of the purpose of Bike to Work Day. I love being on the bike and getting around with ease. It felt great to participate in an event that might allow others to enjoy it too.
Even the mayor hopped in a bike today!

Even the mayor hopped in a bike today!

No comments: