Sunday, January 20, 2013

Football

Tiff and I went over to my folks for a visit today and spent most of the day watching the final playoff games. Now she and my mom are nominal football watchers at best and my dad and I truly have little interest in the remaining teams, but it was a lot of fun to just relax and watch the games. There is something about just sitting back and watching the spectacle that is pro football. It's such a larger than life game that it's fun and easy just to enjoy the entertainment of it. Tiff even paid enough attention to understand who will be going to the Super Bowl in a couple weeks. I have another great memory of enjoying something with my dad. He only tensed up briefly about disagreements he had with the officials, a big improvement. It may be just a game, and an overhyped one at that, but it allows for some great connections with friends and family.

No comments: