Friday, January 18, 2013

Dog Time

I am still in the early stages of my day, having the opportunity to sleep in a little. While still formulating what to do before work, our dogs have been particularly attentive this morning. I wanted to get breakfast, read, and get ready for a run. Apparently their plan was a little different. Ordinarily they will just hop on the couch after the morning walk and snooze all day to save their energy. After all, driving my wife nuts takes a rested pup. Today they were all about engaging me andI am a little embarrassed to admit it wasn't working at first. I am shocked how my brain can keep me so wrapped up, I miss something like a couple Westies trying hard to get you to play. Fortunately they outlasted my "important" planning and we tussled a bit. It was potentially the most important thing I can do today. Not the wrestling and tossing of rubber bones but the paying attention to what life has going on right now.

No comments: