Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Snow Run

There is a true joy in running out on fresh snow. The world looks cleans, the feet fall softly, the air is crisp. As an added bonus, very few seem interested in getting out into this white blanketed wonderland, so the trails and roads are very empty. I have always enjoyed the snow for the makeover effect it gives the world around. For a little while, everything people have built and formed in their world around them is trumped by nature. However, when I lace up and run out into the fresh powder, I feel as though I am fitting in perfectly to this new world. That is a feeling not often experienced for me. I even enjoy the soft crunches of each step. It was tough to come inside again today, but conversely, a hot shower rarely feels better than after a snow run.

No comments: