Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fan

I am continually amused at my new-ish interest in football. When we lived in LA, I found myself getting interested in baseball again. It was the sport I was most excited about as a kid. I never played, but avidly collected baseball cards and listened to games while working on my model train in the garage. Hockey has long been the sport I most enjoyed, but football and baseball were not all that interesting till recently. What I enjoyed about baseball in LA, was the distraction from the entertainment industry. I watched Rockies games on ESPN's online gamecast, which was a lot like watching an Atari baseball game, but it was fun. I also started watching some football. While it did not have the excitement or athleticism as hockey, it proved to be fantastic.

It was larger than life, loud, and everyone I worked with was watching some team. It became a way to hold needed conversations on sites. Beyond that, it was just so entertaining, I got hooked. Between hockey, baseball, football, and the occasional soccer game I found myself enjoying the distraction quite a lot. Could it be that sports were a lot like my veggies as a kid, I developed a taste for them later?

No comments: