Sunday, January 23, 2011

Uphill Ride


It's a bit unnerving to know I live 4mi from my job and have only been able to ride to work once. My bike seems to have waited till Denver to amass a slew of problems. They include flat tires, brake failure, frayed cables, locked shifting (leaving me in high gear), and the minor dead batteries on the lights. Over the holiday season I attempted to ride it to work after getting an awesome pump. High gear and Colorado hills are the most painful things my leg have endured. It's harder than mile 25 of a marathon. Slower too, I think. When I went to ride home, I had a flat rear tire, almost no lights (bad for road riding, and still no ability to down shift. My sweet ride has been parked since. She needs some attention that surpasses my know how and ability to figure out. Soon I will be moving across town where biking will not really be an option, though I would love to find out I am wrong (30 miles or so). I want to 2 wheel it again, but feel daunted by the repairs. Thoughts?

No comments: