Tuesday, January 11, 2011

One Bad Apple...

I recently heard someone lamenting a bad driver they encountered earlier that day. The rant went on for close to 15 minutes, considerably longer than whatever perceived wrong that had been done. What struck me is how easy it is to get caught up in focusing on one negetive moment. After all, if every driver were bad, who would notice? My nature always seems to gravitate towards seeing what I deem not right and dwelling there. What helps me not get more pissed off and go about enjoyong my day is not giving in to that impulse. After all, what's worse? Spending a moment with an asshole or spendong the day with them in my head? I also tend to notice everything else that by its comparison I had decided a particular action unacceptable.

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

Good for you!