Thursday, January 27, 2011

Kid in a 4x4 Store


I just got home from my first trip to the 4x4 store of which my Jeep has been advertising since I got it. It has had a High Country 4x4 spare tire cover from go and I was curious to see what this place was all about. Ever stumble into a hobby you did not know about previously? My head was spinning within minutes and the dollars in my head were spending as fast as I was seeing new things. Now, I bought my Jeep with some upgrades already and have yet to take her off-roading. That has been due to prudence of not wanting to repair her, should I do something bad. However, I am interested in some upgrades for safety and maintenance. Holy smokes what you can do with a Jeep is astounding. Also expensive. I couldn't help but laugh to myself in the store thinking, "this is why you never have more money as you get older, the hobbies are more expensive." None the less, it was fun to see what is possible and feel again that sense of boy-like wonder at an incredible, monster like machine that go almost anywhere.

No comments: