Monday, January 3, 2011

Our Dog's Life

I am married now and have two dogs. One of those two is still pretty young and requires high maintenance most of the time. While I do not have children, these two four legged girls occupy quite a lot in the day to day decision making. It's funny how they have influenced Tiff and I's lives so much. It once seemed a cope out to hear fiends say they needed to leave early to go take their dogs out. Now we get it. While on one have I champion the philosophy that they are dogs and very capable of taking care of themselves and doing alright when we need to accomplish other tasks, I am starting to see the alternate point of view as well. They require more time and attention than I could have grasped. I have always lived with dogs but never been solely responsible for one as I am now with Tiffany. Estes and Maggie are great and mostly behave quite well, but they are a handful in our apartment most days. I know a home is on the horizon with it's yard as an oasis, but for now we are still in confined space with two flights of stairs every time we go out to walk. These two Westies are constant sources of patience lessons and unconditional love. Non the less, it would be nice if they would kindly sleep in a little more often.

No comments: