Monday, January 10, 2011

Snow


As has been noted previously, Denver has proven anything but wintery this year. Well it seems to have escaped my memory, but that can turn on a dime here as has been noted over the last couple days. The snow came and came fast. What struck me out of the recent slam of snow, was how nature is able to slow things down. Hell, it can just stop everything when inclined. With all our gadgets, internet and otherwise useless trappings we can be reduced to sitting in our caves, if you will, and waiting out a storm. Kinda not so bad though, our caves generally have better seating now. What I also love about snow in particular is that it can otherwise obliterate most of our man made order. Roads disappear into nonexistent yards disappearing into undeveloped lots disappearing into hazy horizons.

To me, the road is still the most evident sign I am a part of a civilization and without being able to see it I feel all Little House suddenly. It's nice to be reminded none to subtly we are not quite that omnipotent, even if I can have tech support move my cursor around my computer screen in Denver all the way from India. She, by the by, was not that impressed hearing of our recent ice storm.

1 comment:

mommasitta said...

Gotta love Mother Nature and Father Time!