Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Good song...

Just popped on one of my newer favorite bands while getting some work done around the house. If you haven't heard The Dreadnoughts, give a listen. I am still enjoying them Nate. It got me thinking about what music is stirring me up right now. I have been equally interested in some standard favorites like Bad Religion and Street Dogs, but new influences are becoming regulars. I have truly developed a love of Blues, but know very little about it. I am excited to pick up some Abbey Lincoln and recently heard some Wanda Jackson I really enjoyed. The diachotomy of the two tastes is fun. It just makes me appreciate how a great song can really get me going. I still hold that music I like has to have an urgency and something to say. Here is a look at the most played of 2011, thus far:

1. Tall Cans in the Air - Transplants
2. Behind Closed Doors - Rise Against
3. Are You Out There? - Dar Williams
4. Bulowski - Modest Mouse
5. Get Ready to Bounce - Brooklyn Bounce
6. Los angeles - Sugarcult
7. Brand New Day - Dr. Horrible
8. I Love Livin' in the City - Fear

That's what I am listening to, you?

1 comment:

Nate said...

Nice to hear the Dreadnoughts made it into the rotation! I've lately been digging into Gogol Bordello and related Balkan / Gypsy punk folk stuff:

Balkan Beat Box
Kultur Shock
JUF
DeVotchKa (I think they're from Denver?)

Pretty good. Some new sounds in there...